About Marissa

 

Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, Marissa moved to NYC in 2012 to pursue her lifelong dream of writing for a major women's magazine. Though she started as a copy editor at Cosmopolitan, she pitched her little heart out until she became a regular writer for Cosmo's Hot & Healthy and Love, Lust & Other Stuff sections. In 2015, she officially left the copy-editing world (with impeccable grammar skills in tow) to join the fitness department at Women's Health magazine. She is currently the associate fitness editor at WH, where she writes 80 percent of the magazine's fitness content, co-edits the other 20 percent, and contributes regularly to WomensHealthMag.com.

Marissa has a Bachelor of Science in Journalism from the University of Florida, where she would happily spend every fall Saturday if she didn't dread flying so much.

When she's not writing about the latest trends and interests in health and fitness, she's out there experiencing them firsthand. On the weekends, you can find her running through Central Park, at the dog park with her lab, Bentley, or searching for the next matcha latte.